As a full service lobbying and public relations firm, Gotham combines the expertise of a network of outstanding experienced Foreign Affairs and intelligence professionals with an unparalleled acumen and dedication for influencing decision making at all levels of government.
These activities are conducted under the direction and guidance of three of the most experienced foreign affairs policy analysts and consultants.
Stuart Seldowitz, after a nearly thirty year career with the United States Department of State and New York State, brings to Gotham’s clients a distinguished background in federal and state government. In the early 2000s, he worked as Acting Director for the National Security Council South Asia Directorate under the order of the Executive Office of the President. His expert-level knowledge and analysis of India and South Asia were critical to the success of the National Security Council and to senior management, including the President of the United States.
Mr. Seldowitz has worked on some of the most difficult political, trade, and national security issues facing the United States throughout his career, including relations with Afghanistan, the Middle East, Mexico, and South Africa. He has also worked extensively on issues concerning European security and nuclear arms control.
Ambassador J. Adam Ereli is a proven leader and innovator in the fields of foreign government relations, international education, business development, commercial advocacy, and media relations and crisis communications.
The Ambassador built a 24-year career as a Foreign Service Officer with the Department of State. During his distinguished tenure, he developed close relationships with leaders in government, business and the media in the United States and the Middle East.
As Deputy Spokesman for the Department of State from 2003-2006, Ereli managed strategic communications, media relations, messaging and crisis communications for Secretaries Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice. He has appeared in hundreds of hours of on-the-record briefings, interviews and talk shows on U.S. and foreign news networks in English, Arabic and French.
Antonio C. Martinez II is a native New Yorker, and the son of immigrants from the Dominican Republic. He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial and Labor Relations from Cornell University and a Juris Doctorate Degree from Brooklyn Law School. He attended the United States Capitol Page School and is a graduate of New York Military Academy. His father, the late Antonio C. Martinez, Esq., was one of the first Dominican American members of the New York State Bar. The Martinez family has been providing legal services since 1956.
Mr. Seldowitz, Ambassador Ereli, and Mr. Martinez II lead a team of dogged lobbying and public relations professionals who place the interests of their clients front and center. In addition to the years of professional expertise that Gotham provides, the firm is also expert at galvanizing grassroots issue oriented actions on behalf of clients’ goals.
This unique professional approach involves a wide array of deliverables that include:
- Policy expertise: Framing the policy arguments and being able to smoothly dovetail client concerns with American public interest goals;
- Issues and Updates: Keeping clients apprised with developments around the world that have potentially significant impact on client interests. This includes copies of reports, commentaries and other publications on USG activities and subjects of specific interest; and timely monitoring of media and publications;
- Evaluation and documentation: Written analyses of political, military, economic and other developments and their impact on USG policies and activities. Utilizing these materials to help better hone client policy advocacy;
- Liaison Services: With key USG officials, Congress, non-government institutions and foreign policy groups. Helping advance the policy goals through educational outreach and social networking;
- Professional and social networking activities and strategies: Assistance with visit arrangements and meeting preparations for clients, as requested-both within the United States and all over the world for first-hand observations and consultations, and to discuss business opportunities;
- Event planning and policy briefings: Briefings on international affairs and regional subjects; arrange conferences and seminars.
When the opposition has insider and resource advantages, Gotham is able to counter with an ability to make an issue resonate with a wider public audience-and by doing so limit the advantages of better resourced opponents.
In the end, Gotham has a wide range of unique skill sets that can be deployed for a variety of client policy goals. The firm’s background, professional expertise, and unique lobbing approach to issues is unmatched in the field of foreign affairs lobbying and consulting.